December 24, 2006

Long Lost Recipe

It is weird how recipes are such a key with holiday traditions. I've been bummed because I couldn't find the pumpkin bread recipe my mother used to make. I looked around on the internet and could find nothing similar ... decided to do a little straightening up and Walla! There it was! Just so I can find it again ... I'll post here ...

Apple Butter - Pumpkin Bread

Ingredients

⅔ C Shortening
2⅔ C Sugar
4 eggs
16-oz can Pumpkin
⅔ C Water
3 ⅓ C Flour
1 t Baking Soda
1 t Baking Powder
1 t Cinnamon
½ t Cloves
⅔ C Chopped Nuts
½ C Apple Butter


Directions

1. Mix shortening and sugar.
2. Stir in eggs, pumpkin, and water.
3. Blend in flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and cloves.
4. Stir in nuts and apple butter.
5. Pour in 3 greased loaf pans.
6. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes.

No comments: