July 09, 2007

My 15 Minutes ...

Well here's my Toot Toot! Who knows when I'll get another 15 minutes LOL

I submitted 3 assemblages for a juried at show at the
Core New Art Space Gallery and they were all accepted! Ginger from my local book arts group also had 2 pieces accepted, so we are on cloud 9!

I wasn't sure what to expect. The people at the gallery were really nice. The lady checking my pieces in didn't seem that interested at first ... then she looked at them and had this look of surprise and awe on her face. I wasn't sure if that meant she wasn't really that knowledgable about art and didn't know any better LOL Or if she did know art and just thought my pieces were unique.

Not sure how I feel about the artist reception being on Friday the 13th LOL


Here are some thumbnails of the pieces accepted. The third piece you can view in an old blog post.

Spiritus Vocis Spiritus Vocis - View 2 Journal Heart - Front Trumpet Carcass - View 2 Circus Shrine Circus Shrine - Elephant Burst-Out Detail

12 comments:

Aileen said...

Whoohoo Karen Congratulations!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Karen - these are awesome! Love the top one the best, but they're all excellent! Marva

Anonymous said...

Karen, I remember your working on a couple of these. Wonderful. We Divas are SOO proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Karen!! It is wonderful to hear your great news!!!
Shirley

Patty M said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I think I would still be TooTing. Not 1 but Three deserves a round of applause.

Connie said...

WAY TO GO, Karen - and so well deserved!
connie

Wabbit said...

Wowsers, Karen! But of course, I always thought you were already famous. You are in our Yahoo art world. ;-)) It's a wonderful achievement!
Marilyn

Joanne Huffman said...

KIaren, Your shrines are very cool and the gallery is lucky you submitted them. Also, I love the Aging experimants. You really are in the midst of a creative frenzy.
Joanne

Laurie said...

K- you are such an inspiration to me. Thank you so much for creating without ceasing, for putting yourself out there, for teaching me so many strategies, and for sharing with us through this cool blog.
Laurie

Kris said...

Your work is awesome! Congratulations and good luck!

Kathy McElroy said...

Congradulations Karen. Well deserved. Enjoy it.

Angie in AZ said...

Karen,
now that the 13th has passed, how did the reception go? Did you attend? We need an update!