January 02, 2007

Happy Friggin' New Year - Grrrr!

Accccckkkk! So far my new year just isn't starting out right. I've barely driven my car the last 2 weeks between holidays and being snowed in, so I am eager for things to return to normal. I'm tired of daily shoveling ... tired of not being able to come and go with ease ... tired of going to the grocery store and finding out everything you need is sold out.

I get about 10 minutes into my drive to work and the car starts vibrating like crazy ... plop ... plop ... plop ... great ... a flat tire! Except it's more than flat. I pull into a parking lot and it is literally in shreds and is smoking. I walk down a block and take the bus the rest of the way to work. Luckily, my brother is off from the post office today in honor of President Ford -- so he takes care of my tire problem and picks me up from work to get me to my car. I'm happy ... I get in ... the battery light is on! We take it to AutoZone ... it's the alternator. So we have them charge the battery back up. 2 hours later I have just a smidgen more voltage ... sigh ...

So in the morning my car is going to the shop ... sigh ...

Oh yes ... my digital camera. It went kapooey last week ... or so I thought. It was like it wanted to go to sleep a few seconds after being turned on and the lens would not retract when you turned the power off. Replacing the batteries was fruitless. My camera is not very old, so being somewhat electronically inept ... I did what any 4 year old would do. I did the kamikaze thing and started hitting all the buttons like crazy thinking I'd get the right combination and it would magically start working. I did this on 3 different occassions with no luck.

I gave up and bought another digital which arrived today. Of course my brother picks up my old camera ... hits 2 buttons and it starts working ... grrrrr! So now he has his own digital LOL But I'm going to be an Indian-giver if this one goes on the fritz LOL

I miss my lucky streak ... sigh ...

2 comments:

Aileen said...

Karen, the same thing happened to me with the camera I had before the one I have now...I finally bought a new one gave it to my son and it starts to work just fine for him! Just didn't want you feeling alone out there in tempermental camera land LOL

Stacie @ azoho.com said...

Well happy friggin new year to you too! I sure hope things settle down & warm up for you soon. But I'll tell ya this....I'm seeing some kick ass art coming from that house of yours ;-)

Stacie