November 03, 2007

Making Fabric Paper

I found these two links when someone connected with me through a fiber arts message board.
Making Fabric Paper
Painting Fabric Paper

This was a different spin on making fabric paper than I had seen before, so I gave it a try. It mentioned you could use organza as the basic fabric and I love coming up with semi-translucent backgrunds, so that's what I started with for my base.

I sandwiched some fun fibers, scraps of lace, bits of paper, cheesecloth, and a little rock salt between the organza and tissue paper topper. I used Color Mists from
Outside the Margins to color the paper.



Organza-Tissue Fabric Paper 1
Organza-Tissue Fabric Paper 2
Organa-Tissue Fabric Paper 3

2 comments:

Eastjewels said...

Hey Karen...these are beautiful. I can seen the translucentness. It really makes a great background for your work, but I kinda like it just the way it is. I would like to add a link to your blog from mine if you don't mind.

Anonymous said...

The fabric paper is fantastic! I have to try this. Thanks for the links. I guess when the translation says "plastic spoon" it should read "plastic wrap"?