August 26, 2007

The Oasis

The OasisI attempted an ink drawing on this page that looked horrible --- it's all a distant memory now though LOL I started slathering heavy molding paste on ... followed by crackle paste on the outsides. The formations I got seemed to resemble water, so I did an oasis.

I think this ties in with some of my ups-and-downs the past couple of weeks. I had some very low days followed by a few days of hope and the days of hope seemed like an oasis in a dry barren desert. I realized this all after the page was done, however.

This is my page for the
Inspire Me Thursday watercolor prompt. My drawing and watercolor attempt underneath the molding paste was a big flop LOL -- so I painted the texture with Twinkling H2os.

9 comments:

Kathy McElroy said...

I like your oasis Karen. It is very cool and refreshing.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colour and texture! What is crackling paste? And those watercolours look prismatic. I really like the feeling of this painting.

Stacia said...

I love the process of exploration...it starts off one thing then finds it's own path! Great image and how you identify with it.

Laura said...

This has wonderful movement & texture, love it! Good for you that you stayed with it :)

Patricia J. Mosca said...

It turned out exactly the way it was suppose to....I love that about the creative process....and the ups and downs are just part of the process too!

Julia said...

I like that crackle effect in contrast with that rich blue swirling water . Beautiful !!

titration said...

I think some of my favorite paintings are paintings that have been re-created. :) Bravo.

Deb G said...

Love the colors. I think it's a great process to play with something that didn't work until it's something you like....

Sherri B. said...

This has so much richness and texture to it...I love the green in the middle. The colors work really well together.