April 03, 2007

Carving Stamps

my first carved rubberstamps
I can't believe it ... I finally learned how to carve stamps ... thanks to Nancy in my local art group!! A year ago I was saying no way -- too much work ... but this year I am loving the rough and bold look of carved stamps, so I decided to give it a try. I made one stamp at the group and 7 more over the weekend LOL Mostly I am getting my stamp image ideas from elsewhere, but I'll think up my own designs eventually. I have about 6 more drawings made up already LOL I had no idea how addicting this could be!

4 comments:

Aileen said...

Yay congratulations Karen! now you can be addicted with the rest of us! Its easier then you thought huh now you can go hog wild :-))

FiveAcres said...

Very nice. I love your leaves especially.

Kathy McElroy said...

Great job. I love them all.
Can't wait to see them used in your art.
~k~

Patty M said...

Karen, these are Great. What are you using for the base of the stamp? Love your secret shrine. You keep comming up with such wonderful ideas. Keep posting them.