February 18, 2007

Crusade #5 - Evidence

Evidence -- Documenting my current trends in techniques and symbols
This is a journal page I did in response to Crusade #5 on Michelle Ward's Street Team. The mission was to document evidence from your everyday life. My life is quite boring LOL -- So I am documenting some of the trends with my art currently. I am discovering that some of the techniques and images I'm using are really symbols and with that knowledge my art feels more expressive and soulful to me now.


I'm not sure if my writing is readable, so here is a list of what I came up with ...


Sheer Overlays -- symbolic for veiling my emotions

Speckling & Spattering -- another form of veiling of my emotions

Wire-Wrapping -- Symbolic for the knots I feel all tied up in

Trumpet -- This is a symbol for my voice ... the only voice I had at one time

Hearts --- This symbol is the one I found most shocking, as I never perceived myself to be a heart person. It represents life force and the spirit.

8 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

This looks great, thanks for outlining all the techniques and symbols that are important to you.

Wabbit said...

I have been wanting to do this challenge too. I read it and thought, "How cool is this?!?" I am definitely loving the work you've been showing lately, Karen. My only complaint? I want to see MORE! ;-))

Anonymous said...

That's ptetty neat to figure out you symbolism. I don't think I have any, but admire all ot you who do. You sure have been doing a lot of great journal and book pages.

Anonymous said...

yeah karen! thanks for sharing your pages - these are filled with layers of meaning and look really cool too! love seeing and reading about your evidence.

Anonymous said...

What an wonderful product of your cleverness. I love it!

XO
Kristen

Anonymous said...

your journal is so nice! I think we can enterpret many of our pages as portraits of our selves, don't you think so? Because every time I put down an image it has a respons in my life, even though I first didn't ssee it! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love coming over to your blog to see what new things you have come up with!
Shirley

Vale said...

Wow Karen, this spread is amazing! But of course, your creations never ever stop amazing me! I love your symbolic use of these various techniques. The depth of your artwork has me in awe my friend.
Warm hugs from Vale :)