December 08, 2014

Advent - Day 7

Admittedly, I have fallen way behind on my advent study ... but still aim to get as much of it done as possible.  I have been so busy this Christmas season ... but also enjoying every minute if it ... and also enjoying every moment I spend with Christ.  But I know from past studies that I am the type that digs deep and it takes me 2-3 days to process when I do this.  And the time I have invested in this study is so worth it!

The day 7 lesson is about control ... what we let God control ... what we don't give over to Him.  I haven't thought about what I do or don't  let God control for a while.  I had to make a conscious effort every day when I first started walking with Him.  I think my focus now is more on obedience ... rather than letting fear set in by thinking about control I am relinquishing.  There are times He asks me to do things that frighten me ... but my desire to be obedient and my trust in Him has been outweighing the fear, so I take that as a sign of progress :)

I did a pretty simple journal page for this one.  I made a gelli print of  large snowflake cut-out and I doodled a scripture from my lesson.


2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Very nicely done. The colors and imagery set a perfect tone.

Karen Owen said...

It's lovely and so meaningful!