This was an experience. I decided to take Michelle Ward's Street Team Challenge and try scraping paint on a piece of gessoed fabric I am using for a wall-hanging for a friend.
I scraped on cadmium yellow, crimson, and phthalo blue. Then I scraped some paint over a masked stencil. It made neat patterns and a grungy kind of texture, but the images were lost. An interesting combination of colors ... but not the color scheme I was looking for and defintiely did not match the trim I picked out.
I brayered over most of it with French Vanilla and scraped more paint in pink and blue tones. Coordinated with my trim better, but definitely not the colors I was originally aiming for. I wanted a crisper look with my masks this time,so I used fluorescent pink and teal spray paints. This was fun and I will definitely experiment more with tyvek masks on paper.